Friday, September 5, 2008

Day Off

I had the day off today! WOO HOO!! Can I just say?... Yay for sleeping in and mid-day naps!!! I didn't really get a whole lot done around the house but I sure did quite a bit of thinking! I thought about the financial impact of pregnancy and child-rearing. I started making a mental list of the extra things we'll have to give up: movies at the expensive theater, most dinners out - especially the finer dining, at least a few cut-backs on hobbies like scrapbooking and comic book collecting, etc. I thought about pregnancy in general and then starting thinking about the actual birthing process. I didn't freak out too much about that... I just focused on our friends and sisters and moms who've already given birth and the millions of women before me - they made it through, right? But then I thought about epidurals - I read about how risky those can be vs. the intense desire to be pain-free. Then on to circumcisions... aack!! Hadn't really thought about that before. I'd always figured on having girls. :) I don't even know what the pros and cons are regarding that. I'm sure one of my preggo books talks about it. Either way, I'm sure Brent has his own ideas on it. I'll probably just let him make that decision. Well, that's enough thinking for one day. Some popcorn and a chick flick sounds good right about now. ;) Plus, Brent's at the Men's Retreat this weekend with the guys from church so I'll be able to cry all I want without having him watch me. :D

No comments: