Monday, December 22, 2008

Snow Day

Well, I probably could've made it to work today but Brent didn't want me to drive in this awful snowy, slushy mess! So, I called my boss and told her that I had to get snow tires before Brent would let me drive. The roads were starting to clear by noon so I ventured out. I called a few places beforehand to see what the wait time was: 2 HOURS?!? Yep. Everywhere I checked... even on a Monday! I suppose that's to be expected. I called my boss back to let her know and I mentioned that I didn't know if it would be worth it for me to drive to work for just 2 or 3 hours. She agreed. I said that I'd get this done today and plan to be to work tomorrow. She was fine with that. So, off I go to begin my long wait at the tire store. I picked up some lunch on the way. I brought some things to work on. It actually wasn't all that bad... well, except for the new tire smell. Kinda nauseatingly strong. But I got used to it. I think my total wait time was 2.5 hours. Oh well, at least that's over with... and now I have snow tires! Yay! I know we'll feel much safer driving to and from the hospital when the time comes. :)

No comments: