Thursday, December 18, 2008

My Tenth (Impromptu) OB Visit

Ok, so now I'm officially feeling icky again so I decided to call my Dr's office to see if I should take another round of antibiotics... and also to find out if there's something I should be taking to strengthen my immune system. The nurse calls me back to say that Dr King would like to see me first; so I set an appt for 3pm today. Great, more time off of work... just what I need - NOT. So I get there, expecting they'll just check to see if my 6 week illness has turned into any kind of bacterial infection. But they proceeded to do the whole "OB visit" thing. Weight check, pee sample, BP (120/80). When the Dr entered the room, she asked about contractions and did the usual measuring (still large) and checked baby's HR (still good). She couldn't find the heartbeat at first, so she moved the doppler higher on my belly and found it! That concerned her slightly because of how the baby might be positioned. Then she wanted to do a quick ultrasound for her own curiosity... just to make sure. She looked and found the baby was in the right position: head down, bottoms up. :) She also told me that if I went into labor at this point, she wouldn't do anything to stop it. I guess because of how big baby is. She still wants me to go in on the 29th for a more in-depth ultrasound and then decide whether to induce me at 39 weeks or sooner. Which would mean a Jan 14 or 15 birthday rather than the 22nd. By the way, after checking my throat and listening to my lungs and pushing on my sinuses, she said what I have is just viral. Gotta let it run it's course. And then she said that there are some women who don't get over a winter cold completely until after baby arrives! Ugh! Seriously?? I just keep telling myself that all this will be worth it in the end! :)

No comments: