We're celebrating Jacob's 6th birthday this evening... which was actually on Sunday (10/5) but he was at his dad's house that day. Here's the b-day scoop: Jodi drops everyone off at our place (except the birthday kid) where we make/have our own dinner, bake and decorate a cake, decorate the room (if time allows) and wrap a gift or two. Meanwhile, Jodi takes the b-day kid out to Red Robin for a free birthday dinner... I signed everyone up for the R.R. Birthday Club when they moved into town a couple years ago, so each kiddo could have some quality time with their mom. Then, when they return, everyone gets to have some cake and ice cream for dessert. So, a couple of days ago I asked Jacob what kind of cake he likes. He said:
Chocolate-Peanut Butter. Hmm. Well, I'm sure there's a recipe out there, somewhere, for Choc.-PB cake but I opted for Choc.-PB brownies instead. I even decorated the top just like it was cake - so cute! - Halloween style. :) You'll never guess who didn't like the "cake." Mmhmm. Jacob! Actually, he ate the topping but left the rest. Typical 6 year old, I guess. Well, then he didn't like the card we got for him because it had a train on it... and we should have known that he didn't like trains anymore! Silly us. But the gift wasn't much better...
He had been whining and crying about getting a Webkins so that he can play on the computer like the other kids. Well, we bought one for him and he quickly learned that you really need to be able to read a little before you can really have fun with it. So, needless to say, he was more interested in playing Super Mario Galaxy on the Wii than having the other kids "help" him with his Webkins.
I think the only thing he really got to be in charge of was picking out his user name, password, and the naming of his Webkins pet. Not too thrilling, I'll have to agree. The thing he did like? The Spiderman decorations: cups, plates, and blow-outs. Go figure. At least birthdays only come around once a year! Thank goodness!
No comments:
Post a Comment