Belly week 26 - Notes: I received my free "Special Beginnings" books and DVD from my insurance company this week. Apparently, I have my very own Maternity Health Coach that I can call or e-mail any ol' time I have a question. How handy. And now that I'm in my 3rd trimester, everything I read discusses creating a birthing plan. Who knew? We get to choose all the details of how we'd prefer the birth to go. Everything from pain meds and who we want to be present during the whole affair... to holding the baby right after birth over having him cleaned off first. We can opt to have the baby in our room the entire time... or not. If I decide to breastfeed, I can request that pacifiers and supplements be avoided. Whew! Lots to think about! I hope they go over all of this in our birthing class. :)
A couple of other exciting things to report on: First of all, the baby countdown ticker says "99 days to go" today! I'm finally out of the triple digits!! Yay! Also, Brent was able to see the baby move today! Baby was moving around a lot this evening so I went and sat down by Brent on the sofa and had him stare at my belly for a minute or two. He finally saw it move and asked, "Was that a kick?" Yep! He was able to see a few more kicks before the baby settled down for the evening. How exciting!!
1 comment:
Just remember to be firm with your birth plan Pam!!! You call the shots and you get final decision on stuff. Sometimes the nurses don't like it when a mom is too firm about how she wants the birth and the after care of the baby to go. They are just used to moms who kind of go with the flow and let them guide the outcome, but if there is something specific you want or don't want done...be firm mama!!!!! :0)
Post a Comment