Sunday, October 19, 2008
I Made It!
The women's retreat weekend turned out to be just fine... as I knew in my head it would be. The video sessions with Beth Moore were fantastic! She is such a dynamic speaker! I learned a lot about loving well. And there was so much free time on Saturday that I was able to escape to rendezvous with Brent for lunch. When the Sunday morning session was done and it was time to go, I decided to stop by the Motherhood store in the mall to try to find some preggo jeans. I did find one pair of jeans, although, they were slightly long. And I found two t-shirts that I just had to have as well. As for the super-long jeans... I'm wondering: do the makers of preggo clothes assume that all pregnant women are extremely long-legged?? Or that they desire to wear 4-inch heals all day long?? These are the things that were coming to my mind. Because I am neither of those things. I do think I'm above average for a woman's height... but, my goodness... there's no way, especially at 5'9.5" and pregnant, that I'm going to be trapsing around in high heals in order for my jeans to fit. I may have to succumb to one of two options: either roll up the pantlegs OR make some modifications by cutting and sewing. Hmph. Oh well, at least I have jeans I can (sorta) wear now. And it was good to get home to Brent and my own bed again. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment