Sunday, October 26, 2008

Evil Chili

So my chili goodness the evening before turned into heartburn from the devil!! I woke up at about 3am for the calling of nature. I felt a twinge of that esophageal reflux so I consumed about 4 Tums and a sip of water to ease the inner distress before lying down again. Well, I don't know if that combination was the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back... or if I just went horizontal again sooner than I should have... but shortly after lying down, I burped. And what I thought was going to be a small, insignificant burp ended up being this fiery evilness from hell!... Or maybe just from the pit of my gut... At any rate, IT BURNED EVERYTHING that stood in it's way!! From my stomach to my throat!! I felt like I'd spew fire if I opened my mouth!! And I almost vomited again because of the nasty grossness I felt in my mouth. Nevertheless, to my feet again, I go to the kitchen (so as not to disturb Brent with my coughing and hacking from the residue that was left in my throat from the fiery bile) to pour myself a nice tall glass of milk! Although quite refreshing, that wasn't cutting it completely so I grabbed the only thing I could bear the thought of noshing on at 3:15am: a plain ol' piece of white bread! Finally, some relief!! It may have been about 3:30am before I was able to get cozy (and pain-free) in my bed again.
Mental note to self (in big bold letters): Nothing to eat with a tomato base for the remainder of this pregnancy!!! The end.

1 comment:

Oochakitty said...

ROTFLOL! That's great! You have to watch that chili. :-) Miss you guys so much! LeAnne