I've finally selected and registered for a birthing class! It'll be at the Meridian St Luke's location on Saturday, November 15th. It runs from 9am-4:30pm and it's just the one Saturday. We preferred that over 4 weekday/evening 2.5 hr classes. The class description is as follows:
Become more physically, mentally and emotionally prepared for the birth of your new baby through a variety of coaching, breathing and relaxation techniques. Topics include: the birth process, pain management of labor, decision-making, unplanned cesarean birth and transition to parenthood. Spouse, partner, or support person is encouraged to attend. Please bring 2 bed pillows to each class. Saturday class participants should bring a sack lunch and a camera.
What?? A camera? What will we be taking pictures of, I wonder? Hmmm... Anyhoo, since the class is in Meridian and I'm delivering in Boise, we'll have to pick a separate time to go in for a Birth Information Tour... to kind of get a feel for where things are and where we'll need to go, etc. Wow. Things are moving right along, aren't they? Our excitement grows! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment