Saturday, June 13, 2009
Still.
Well, daddy finally came to bed at 2am after staying up to keep an eye on Mac... and, really, all Mac did was sleep with some congested snoring and all daddy did was check on him every 5 minutes or so. I had gotten to bed a little after midnight so was able to get some good rest. I ended up getting up at about 5am after hearing Mac cough and start to fuss. He's still sick today and sounded a little more congested so I decided to call the weekend clinic to talk to a nurse again. She confirmed that what we've been doing is good. She also recommended a saline nose drop called Little Noses that would help clear some of that mucous out. We could also give him some warm water to drink... it might help with his cough. At this point, we'll try anything! The nurse didn't think we needed to bring him in again though... unless we wanted to. There's really not much, in the way of medicines, that's recommended or beneficial to give a 5 month old baby. The nurse I spoke with last night also said that we should try and keep him somewhat cool since a rash can tend to get itchy when too warm. We kept him in just a onesie (he tends to sleep hot anyway) and put a light receiving blanket over him... which he promptly kicked off! Silly guy. This morning, however, after talking with the nurse, we opted not to go back to the Dr but decided to give these other home remedies a try. I think the nose drops helped a lot! And he didn't care too much for drinking warm water but I'm pretty sure the little bit he did drink helped too. We kept his upper body elevated today so, rather than have floor time, we put him in his infant seat instead. And it didn't look like he was sick at all with how much activity he was doing! You can kind of see the rash on his legs in the picture. And in the video, he's just goin' to town workin' out his legs! He didn't really get too fussy, even being sick! And for that we're grateful! We've got one happy baby boy! :)

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment