I hafta say though... I enjoyed watching Brent this day. He is so proud and thrilled to be a dad! He thoroughly enjoys Mac and loves to play and interact with him... even just holding him is something that he treasures. I happen to think, even in the busyness of today, that it was a grand day! And I know Brent would say the same. You're finally a dad, babe! Isn't it the best? :)
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Happy 1st Father's Day, Babe!
Wow, this has been quite the whirlwind of a day! After church, Mac and I had to run a couple of errands. While we were at Wal-Mart, we ran into my sister who happened to mention that she was throwing a surprise birthday party for my niece, Jessica, this afternoon. (Her 14th birthday was yesterday but they didn't get to celebrate yet.) She invited us to come. I called Brent to check if we'd be able to make it and then picked up a card for her, too. After our errands, it was time to eat lunch and Brent decided that he'd like to eat at Golden Corral. Well, of course everyone and their FATHER would be at this place! And why not? It is Father's Day after all and what father doesn't love a buffet?? But by the time we got done there, it was time to go to Jessica's party! We stopped by the house for some things I said I'd bring and then zipped over to Jodi's place to help her with some final touches before Jess was to be there. We ended up staying at least a couple hours before finally going home to actually celebrate Father's Day with Brent! Whew! Of course, then I had to wrap a few gifts and sign a couple cards... Mac even "helped" sign his!... Only to have everything UNwrapped again in a matter of minutes. Whew, again! NOW we can all relax for a little bit before heading off to bed! .....


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment