Sunday, May 31, 2009

Upgrade!!

The new kids in town.

Well, at long last... we finally upgraded our cell phones! I can't even believe it! The archaic Nokia phones we had served us well for... count them... 4.5 years!!! And we figured it was time since: a) the batteries have been failing us more and more these days, and b) Qwest won't even be carrying wireless anymore. We basically got to switch to Verizon wireless for free. Free phones, free activation, and whatever else they said was free. Yipee! I love my new phone now... I feel so current! ;) It doesn't have all the fancy schmancy bells and whistles that cell phones can have these days, but it's got waaaaaay more than the one I had! Especially since most cell phones come standard with a camera now. When we were at the Qwest kiosk in the mall (which is truly the only place where you can get the best customer service, as I prefer the ultra-personal face-to-face service over the rather impersonal automated phone or online service! The nice Qwest representative even gave us his business card!), the guy asked us if we would like to go ahead and recycle our old phones... to which Brent replied, "No, the Smithsonian called and they'd like to go ahead and induct our phones into their Prehistoric Exhibition." Smarty pants. I, on the other hand, gladly handed over my "prehistoric" phone to be cast into the oldie-but-goodie cell phone graveyard... or wherever it is they lay the well-loved cell phones to rest. Goodbye fair Nokia! Thanks for the memories but you've made your last call. :)

No comments: