Me: Oh yeah! Totally! ... Wait. I'm not too old now am I?
Him: No way! You need to get it done. You've been wanting to forever!
Me: (doubtful) Okaaay...? Are you sure?
Him: Definitely!
Me: Right on!! I'm so gonna do this!
Well, I finally found a friend who would go with me! And, apparently, I'm done with this job now. (Long story... I'll save that one for a different post.) Sooo... it's decided! Today's the day! We met for lunch at a cute little café in downtown Nampa. And then... off we went! To a surprisingly fun and hip "body alteration" shop near the Harley Davidson store. Where they not only do tattooing and piercings but hair and nails as well. How's that for unique? And, I gotta say, the atmosphere in there was like one big happy family! Both the hair and nails gals were saying that they trusted the piercing guy to re-pierce their belly buttons and I think the hair gal had to have a tat fixed. And then the owner of the shop -who was this tall, big-muscled, over-tanned older guy- was doting over our babies and was telling us about his girls graduating from NNU. And how he sometimes wishes they were still babies 'cause he just loves to cuddle babies. (In a non-creepy sort of way, of course.) Hmm. Goes to show, I guess: Never judge a book... right? :)
How did the piercing go, you ask? I bled. A lot. Then they asked if I'd been drinking. No. Was I on any blood-thinning meds? No. Shouldn't they have asked this stuff before doing this procedure?? :\ Ah well. What's done is done. And I love it! :D
A few pics to commemorate this momentous occasion:
1 comment:
Way to go! I'm a fan. I noticed it last weekend and thought you'd had it all along and I just hadn't been observant before. Ha!
Post a Comment