Here's Mac's only smile of the evening:
Friday, August 21, 2009
Birthday Un-Fun
We were invited to a friend's birthday party today but Mac would have nothing of it! I'm not sure if there were just too many people around that he didn't know or if he was cutting a tooth but I think he's cried more at this one event than any other! And he wouldn't settle down unless his dad or I were holding him. Poor little guy. The other kiddos at this party would come over intermittently and try to soothe our normally consolable child... to no avail. I think words that are meant to be comforting, when spoken 2 inches from your face, aren't really. I kinda felt bad for the well-meaning kiddos... but I can also understand the desire for uninterrupted personal space too. :) Well, we had to leave a little earlier than we normally would have but we managed to survive through the important party details: food, games, gift-opening, and candle-blowing. Maybe next year will be better...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment