Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Where Did The Week Go?
This has been one whirlwind of a week! On Friday, Brent and I decided to have a date night. We went to see Kung Fu Panda at the cheap seats - cute flick! The weekend was fairly relaxing though... Saturday was our group night but one of the couples couldn't be there so we ended up having a game night! And what's a game night without yummy snacks? Not as delicious, that's what! It was quite fun! We did a little bit of cleaning on Sunday to prepare for my folks coming over during the Thanksgiving holiday. All the while, I'm needing to take it slow because I'm still not much better from this sickness that seems to be going on and on... without end. Monday, at work, was extremely draining... but there was still some cleaning that needed to be done at home that evening, so I had no time to rest. By Tuesday, I was sounding and feeling worse but I can't really afford to take more time off this month. So, I went to work with an ample supply of Tylenol Cold & Sinus. Mom and Bill made it into town this evening so we met them at Wendy's for dinner. Jodi and kids were there too... it was quite the lively party at Wendy's! After dinner, Brent and I still had some grocery shopping to do. That made for a bit of a late night. Only one more day of work before I get 4 days off! YAY! Today, Wednesday, I almost didn't make it to work... but I dragged myself there. Still congested, exhausted, coughing and, as the day wore on, more and more hoarse, I actually made it through the day!! Despite the fact that I was pretty much there by myself for the last 20 minutes since no one even told me they were leaving!! Aargh!!!! SO FRUSTRATING!! Thankfully, mom was able to make it over to our place to start on dinner for the evening - Yay for mom! We had beef stew, biscuits, and Jell-o with raspberries in it. YUM! Plus, I really do love it when everyone can get together. Now I just hope I can get enough rest to make it through the remainder of the week. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment