Tonight was fun, too! We have our small group Bible study on Saturday nights and tonight we celebrated Jamie's birthday! We had yummy food: pizza, nachos, salad, cake and ice cream! And we had a great time visiting and 'playing' with balloons! We did have a short time of prayer for each other. It's a good thing that I was to pray last because, when it came my turn, I abruptly burst into hysterical laughter at the fact that one of the kitties was playing with and chewing on my ponytail!! I totally couldn't help myself. It was one of those times when you know you're not supposed to laugh so it makes you want to laugh all the more!! I was laughing so hard I was crying!! At that point, I'm pretty sure the mood was ruined. All I could do was apologize... I couldn't even pray! Thank goodness God has a sense of humor! Perhaps He knew we needed to laugh. :D Good times!
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Lazy Day
Brent and I love sleeping in on Saturdays!
He usually sleeps longer than I do since I can't seem to handle the lying down position for more than a few hours at a time these days. I think I finally got out of bed at around 9am... so I grabbed a bowl of cereal and did some computing (e-mails, etc.). Brent finally got up and then I started some laundry.
He decided to play a video game for a little while. All of a sudden, he comes running around the corner to go grab some more presentable clothes. I ask what's going on and he said, "At first I thought we were going to be visited by some 'J-dubs'... but I looked again and it's my Aunt Nadine!"
So, in turn, I get up and run, frantically, to find some more presentable clothes for myself! It turns out, NNU's Homecoming Weekend is this weekend and she was just over at the live auction representing her class and visiting with folks. She decided to bid on a basket full of baby goodies and won it!! So she brought it over to give to us!! How sweet is that?!? Then she said she'd like to go grab a bite to eat with us. We ended up going to the Little Kitchen in Downtown Nampa and had a wonderful time visiting with her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yeah, we had a great day too! I have a pic of you guys from that night, do you want it? and can I post it on my blog site? I didn't want to post it w/o your knowing it :-)
Post a Comment