Wednesday, July 15, 2009

"New" Chair

Well, I suppose it's about time for Mac to get used to sitting in the Big Boy Chair to eat. He is 6.5 months old, after all. As much as I'd like for him to stay little, I can't keep him from growing out of the sitting-in-the-lap-to-feed stage. He's doing great with eating more solids now! He likes his cereals: both rice and oatmeal flavors. Although, he seems to prefer oatmeal now. I started him with the rice a few weeks earlier than oatmeal, so maybe he's tired of that by now. Who knows? He also likes his veggies: green beans, squash, peas, sweet potatoes. I fed him carrots once and he happened to have a rough night afterward. We're not sure if his crying was due to teething or if he may have gotten a tummy ache from the carrots but we're kinda nervous to try the carrots again. I had to sit up with him most of that night because he would start crying again when I'd lay him on his back. So he slept on me, on the couch. We can't think of what else it could've been and the only new thing introduced that day was the carrots. Of course, I'm sure we'll have to try them again at some point just to make sure but that night was no fun! And I really don't wanna do that again anytime soon. Anyway, he's just recently started on fruits and, of course, he LOVES those! I mean, who doesn't? :) I did, however, buy a jar of prunes thinking they were plums... Oops!! He only had 1/2 of that tiny jar but I gotta say, he's no longer constipated! Ha! He liked them though. He also enjoys applesauce, pears, and bananas! Yum!

No comments: