Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sad News

My mom called this morning to let us know that my step-dad, Bill, had passed away. He had been sick for quite some time so the news wasn't too shocking... just grievous. Even though, on some level, it may have been expected, there's still a moment of unanticipated astonishment. Like, "...it can't be real, right?" And Brent and I were just talking about needing to get over to the Portland area again! I guess we'll be headed that way sooner than we thought. I hate that it's for this reason. I hate that MacGregor didn't get to at least meet his G'pa Bill. I guess I should be thankful that Bill got to see pictures of Mac. And we'll certainly make sure Mac knows who his G'pa Bill, the Fisherman, was. Hope you're enjoying the fishing up in Heaven, Bill! Thanks for everything! Love you! P

No comments: