Friday, August 29, 2008

My Fourth OB Visit

Back again for another visit. This was with Velma again today, and we did another session with the doppler. It really didn't take her long to find the heartbeat! Yay! We were excited that we got to hear it again... without going to the ultrasound room! She said it sounded good. A healthy 150-160 bpm! And we heard more kicks/movement again, too! She said it may be up to another month before I'll begin feeling the kicks for certain. I told her that I thought I'd felt flutterings and she said it was quite possible.
Thoughts: When the nurse took my BP today she said it was 125/80 and that was great. I got a little concerned though because every other time it's been 120/80. I know that's not much of a difference but I've heard about ladies getting preeclampsia and that it starts with high blood pressure. Note to self: watch sodium intake!
Some questions we had for Velma:
Q: Are peanut butter, honey, hot dogs, bacon ok to eat? I'd read that preggo women shouldn't have these at all.
A: Everything is ok... in moderation, of course.
Q: I sneeze a lot and I seem to want to stretch a lot, is that normal?
A: Not sure if it's normal or not... but certainly nothing to worry about.
Q: Best pain med?
A: Tylenol
Q: What can I do for slight swelling of my hands (in the morning) and my feet (at night)?
A: Limit salt, drink water with lemon, elevate feet, and cold showers.

Oh yeah, the estimated size of baby today is 6" long (about the size of a large heirloom tomato).

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hey there!! Just started to read your blog tonight... good stuff!! I'll definately bookmark it and check it out as time goes by! :)