Saturday, January 3, 2009

Hospital Stay (Day 2) + Visitors

I cried today. I think everything just hit me all at once: the exhaustion, the fact that I'm a mom now and responsible for a little life, the realization of what a miracle and blessing from God my son is. Also the disappointment over certain baby feeding issues. But it's a good day. I'm finally a mom! :)


Something hilarious: I ordered a Belgian waffle with strawberries for breakfast because the menu made it sound like it was a meal fit for a king. I think it even said it was "a meal in itself" or something like that... like I'd be entirely stuffed if I ate this waffle. I even ordered some blueberries to go on top in addition to the strawberries. So. Imagine the disappointment when I took the lid off the tray to reveal: a teeny, tiny waffle about the size of an english muffin!!! HAA! The ramekins filled with berries were bigger than the waffle itself! I think I ate the entire waffle in about 3 bites! Here's the picture (of course, I just had to snap a photo!):



Brent and I were so cracking up about this! Thankfully, I had ordered another whole breakfast consisting of eggs, bacon, hashbrowns and gravy so I didn't go hungry by any means. And Brent just finished what I couldn't eat.

We also had some visitors today! That was fun! Our friends, Brian and Jen and their 2 kiddos, came bearing gifts. Jen held Mac for a while and we visited. By the time they were getting ready to leave, some other friends, Derek and Steph and their 3 kiddos, were just popping in to say 'hi' and hold Mac for a few moments.




After they headed out, Aunt Nadine stopped in to say 'hi' and she brought a cute blue teddy bear and some flowers. How fun! It was quite a busy day! That evening, mom came back to the room with Jodi and kids and they brought dinner from the Spaghetti Factory for Brent and me! YUM!! And, once again, we took some pictures. This time of cousins. Cute! :)




Mac looks so tiny next to them! But I guess they were all that small once. ;) Jess was so great to watch her siblings yesterday so that my sister could be with me during delivery... so, I told her she could be the first one to hold Mac. Sweet picture. :) Awesome day.

No comments: