Wednesday, January 7, 2009

First Day Out

Today was the day of Mac's first Dr appt. This whole gettin'-ready-to-go-out thing had better get easier! I suppose it gets better as I begin to understand what I need to do now to get TWO people ready and out the door. I feel for all you moms who have 2+ kids to put together! All that said, I'm pretty sure we were late to the Dr's office. But the appt went well. He only lost 3oz from his birth weight and Dr Roy said that was normal. He has good skin coloring - no jaundice. Yay! Our 101 questions were answered. :) And we were on our way... to the comic book stores. Brent wanted to make sure that our 5-day-old baby's first outing was made complete by taking him to "meet" Spiderman. Ok, not really Spidey... but the guys who sell the books. And that was our day. Oh yeah... Except for the HUGE laugh we (i.e. I) had when Brent went wild with the diaper rash cream on poor little Mac's privates this evening. Hilarious! It was all over the place! And, yes. I got a picture of it... I'll only post it here though if I can figure out how to censor his "babyhood". ;D Anyway. That stuff was everywhere! From his belly to his butt. Some even got on his legs and toes! Ha! And Brent had it all over his hands and arms - OMW! Too funny! Good times.

1 comment:

Christine said...

When I went from getting one kiddo ready to getting 3 ready -- ages 7 months, 2 years and 5 years... I thought we would never get anywhere... Now...5 months later... It is routine... sometimes a challenge... but definitely easier than the first month or so! :D LOL!