I hate to admit it but we shop at Wal-Mart occasionally. Well. If I'm being honest, probably more than just occasionally. I suppose it's bound to happen when you live only 2 blocks away. Truth be told, I really don't like shopping there. It's too big and loud and generic. And even if you happen to see someone walking around donning a blue vest that reads: How May I Help You? on the back, be careful not to ask too difficult a question as it may confuse or irritate the person wearing it. I, of course, can't speak for all Wal-Mart employees... I do know a few fine folks who work for the company. And then there's the infamous peopleofwalmart.com website. Uff-da! But I digress. Anyway, today they gave me yet another reason to be a little miffed about the whole Wal-Mart experience. And it's not the fact that they gave my son about half a dozen Wal-Mart stickers on our way out the door... I could've refused them. But Mac loves stickers! So I thought, "Eh, that won't hurt anything." And I think about 10 minutes after we got home, he had them all on his face!! Therein lies the problem. It was funny and cute at first. But when he took them OFF of his face, within about a minute's time, several big red circles appeared!! WHAT?!? And they were still there the next day!! Oh good grief. My son apparently has a slight allergy to the Wal-Mart sticker glue? Well. I guess no more blue stickers from Wal-Mart. I'll stick (no pun intended) to the acid-free... and more colorful, I might add... Sesame Street stickers that I have to buy, thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment