Tuesday, February 23, 2010

House Signing

Well, this is it. Today we signed the papers for our new house in Idaho. I think I didn't do much blogging about it because, well, quite frankly, the process was so grueling and we weren't even sure we were approved for the loan on the house until a couple days ago when we made the appointment to meet at the title company to DO this thing. (In fact, to be completely honest, I'm pretty sure all this house stuff is the reason I'm having to go back and do "catch-up" on my blogging. I was too overwhelmed and just downright busy to do any writing let alone much else.)

But today is what we were waiting for. Signing our lives away. For a house in Idaho, no less. We thought for sure we'd be in Portland or one of it's surrounding towns, at least. Looks like God wants us here for now though. I wasn't as nervous about signing as I thought I'd be. I was surprisingly calm about the whole thing as a matter of fact. Maybe that's what 'they' call "having peace" about it all. I was completely ready to move out of the rental into a place of our own, especially now, with the market being what it is. Can't really go too wrong with paying only $50 more for ownership than what we were paying in rent per month!

No comments: