*
After everyone was dressed and ready for the day, we went to one of my favorite places: Archiver's. For all your scrapbooking and paper craft needs! :) And, from there, we met some friends for a fabulous dinner out and then back to their place to visit. We were going to play games but never actually got around to that. We were having too much fun visiting!
*The place where we went to eat was absolutely wonderful! Tucanos is an all-you-can-eat Brazilian Grill and they specialize in MEAT. All the meat you could ever want... they've got it! And different kinds of meat, too. From marinated chicken hearts to bacon wrapped filet mignon to seafood... they even serve grilled pineapple! I realize that's not meat... but it was grilled, nonetheless. And they bring it to your table on skewers. You just have to be ready to catch it with your little tongs when they slice it off for you. They also had both a hot and a cold buffet line! With some normal buffet-type things: Salads and salad toppings, jell-o, pudding. And also some very unusual things: Heart of palm, quail eggs, some sort of bread crumb dish, fried bananas. They had an amazing beef stroganoff and a lobster bisque that was to-die-for!! My mouth is watering just thinking about it all!
*And to top it all off, I got another restaurant singing birthday parade thingy. Woo. And while I haven't a clue as to whether birthday parades are true to Brazilian form, each of the wait-staff had some sort of musical instrument (mostly percussion) in their hands to liven up the song a bit. It seemed culturally authentic anyway. :) It was all so new and fun that the birthday parade didn't even bother me this time. I was just enjoying it all!
*
I wish I would've gotten pictures of the inside of this place... it was awesome! Busy. Festive. And quite a waiting line as well. Good thing we had reservations! Unfortunately, we were leaving by the time I thought to take my camera out. So I got a nice outside shot of the building. We'll catch the inside next time! And we joined their birthday club... so we'll definitely be back! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment