Friday, April 16, 2010

Life... N' Stuff .

I have been slacking on my blogging entries, yes, it's true... But I have good reason these days! I have been chasing after a fast-walking 1-year-old! I realize that it doesn't take much speed on my part since he's not quite running yet. There are, however, obstacles. Toys galore tend to get strewn about this house on a daily, nay, hourly basis! And now that he is upright and can reach the 2nd- and 3rd-from-the-bottom shelves, I've had to find new homes for some knick-knacks, CDs, DVDs, books, etc. He gets quite proud of himself if he reaches something from the desk or table top and he's developed a new game: Pull Several Things Down And Take Off With One Thing While Mom Is Picking Up The Rest. It's a fairly long title so we shorten it to: The Pull And Run game. Or the other game: Tear A Piece Of Paper And Watch Mom Come Running (or "Tear And Watch")! It could be any piece of paper, mind you. If I'm in another room and I hear something tearing, I come a-runnin'. It's most likely the bulletin from church last Sunday... but Brent's got shelves and shelves of books so I've always got to make sure.

Anyway, I'd like to get "caught up" on my blogging again but I'm sure that's easier said than done. I'm afraid the majority of my "catch-up" entries will most likely be pictures only. With maybe a caption or two here and there. I know, I know... you're all just crying about that, aren't you? None of this witty banter to look forward to. Just pictures. Boo hoo. :D Because I'd like to focus on the present-day achievements. If Mac does something funny or scary... or if he uses a new sign (yes, we're learning sign language) or just scrapes his knee for the 1st time... ideally, I'd like to sit down and write about it "in the moment." I'm realizing that the longer I wait to write about it, the harder it is to remember exactly what happened. Welp, time to get crackin'!

p.s. Yeah, this entry was started on February 20. I just finished it today!!

No comments: