How it happened:
I stayed home from work on May 30 and took the test at home that morning. It was a "Dollar Store" test so I picked up the box to read some instructions while the timer was going. (Like I don't know how they work, right? How many of these things have I done now???) When I put the box down and checked the status of the test, there they were...
2 PINK LINES!!!
NO WAY!! "Oh my word!" was the phrase I kept repeating. I couldn't believe it... and I didn't!! I grabbed another test and took it again! Now I have 2 used tests, each with 2 pink lines.
How I told Brent:
Since I had the day off, I decided we should go to lunch. But first, I had to go
to the store for some sort of gift. I picked out a cute little non-gender-specific onsie and then went to pick out a card. Perfect timing. Father's Day was coming up so I got a "Father-to-be" card!! I think Brent sort of knew when I was vague with him on the phone... but then I think he really knew when he saw the bag sitting there. He looked inside and didn't even need to look at the card... yep, he knew! He started crying. And then I started crying with him! It was a bawl-fest in the car! :)
Who we told:
I was dying to tell someone so I called Steph, since she was the one who told me to take the test in the first place. Then we called parents. Then siblings. We decided to (tried to) wait until after my first pre-natal visit to tell most of our friends - it was hard to keep a secret! I went ahead and told my boss a little earlier so I could schedule appts without being sneaky. Then sometime after my OB appt, Val saw me writing down names and yelled, "Are you PREGNANT?!" I said, "shhh." But she said that I should just tell people and have fun with it. So I did.
No comments:
Post a Comment